The new healthcare domains are significantly more expensive than the usual .com domains. Around $65 as opposed to $10 or less for most .com names.
….. Check to see if your domain is available with our Domain Name Search tool.
At this time people think just in terms of .com and usually an alternative domain like .net or .biz is not all that useful. However as we continue to grow and use the Internet more diverse domain names will be needed and eventually having a .dental will be valuable.
The graphic and link above is from NetworkSolutions. I looked for these same alternative domains, like .dental on Go Daddy and did not see them offered.
For $65 it could be a good investment, however I would not use it as my primary URL just yet.
Originally posted on Emmott on Technology
Latest posts by Larry Emmott (see all)
- Digital workflow: faster, more accurate & less expensive - May 8, 2019
- Practice Technologist - March 21, 2017
- Three things to keep in mind about your reputation - December 14, 2016
- Charts in the Cloud, who owns the data? - September 14, 2016
- New Healthcare Domains - August 10, 2016
Last modified: August 10, 2016