“The Survey Says”
Sesame Communications has just released the results of a national study examining key drivers of adoption and use of digital marketing and patient engagement technology by dental practices. This is a blinded study commissioned by Sesame and administered by Dental Products Report in April 2014.
This study surveyed 586 dental professionals across the nation—82% of whom were dentists. The study addressed all core areas of digital marketing and patient engagement including websites, SEO, social media, patient online review syndication and patient engagement platforms (sometime referred to as ‘patient login’ systems).
The white paper The Digital Dentist 2014 has the results.
Here are some sample findings:
- 56% of dentists say their patients who pay online pay faster than those who mail checks. Up from 35%
- 86.9% of dentists stated their website was important to the success of their practice
- 72% of online health seekers say they looked online for health information in 2012
- 81% of U.S. adults use the Internet and 59% say they have looked online for health information in the past year
- The first 10 seconds of the page visit are critical for users’ decision to stay on the site or leave
- 56% of U.S. adults own a smartphone…and… 21% of cell phone owners do most of their online browsing on their phone
Get paid faster.
Latest posts by Larry Emmott (see all)
- “Good” Charting Software - June 21, 2019
- Digital workflow: faster, more accurate & less expensive - May 8, 2019
- Practice Technologist - March 21, 2017
- Three things to keep in mind about your reputation - December 14, 2016
- Charts in the Cloud, who owns the data? - September 14, 2016
Last modified: November 4, 2014