Here is another dentist’s personal dental story – and what was learned along the way. This story was chosen from a sampling of Net32 dentists to provide us with some insight into their stories, professional and personal alike.
The following questions were designed to ignite dentists’ thinking:
- What advice would you give your younger self? What do you wish more dentists knew getting into the industry?
- What was one of the biggest challenges you overcame becoming a dentist? What did you learn?
- What excites you most about the future of dentistry? Where do you see the industry evolving?
Meet Dr. Rachel Trueblood, Big Top Dentistry for Kids, Cedar Park, Texas.
What advice would you give your younger self? What do you wish more dentists knew getting into the industry?
Dentistry is not just patient care (unfortunately), it’s also a business. Get a good background in business if you are thinking about owning a practice someday.
What was one of the biggest challenges you overcame becoming a dentist? What did you learn?
One of the biggest challenges was learning to let go of people who are toxic. Both patients and team members. Not everyone will agree with you, so be true to yourself and your vision, and surround yourself with people who share that same vision.
What excites you most about the future of dentistry? Where do you think things are going?
I’m excited to see innovative breakthroughs in conservative caries management, like silver diamine fluoride and papacarie. As a pediatric dentist, I am focused on educating my young patients so they will maintain excellent oral health for life.
Get acquainted with Dr. Trueblood, her team, and her practice Big Top Dentistry for Kids
Congratulations to Dr. Trueblood for being our second prize winner of the $300 Visa Gift Card.
Keep learning from colleagues and Net32’s Modern Practice blog.
#dentistry #businessofdentistry #dentalpracticesuccess #dentalleadership #dentalleader #dentalpracticemanagement
Latest posts by Dr. Patrick Cassidy (see all)
- Dentist Stories: Business Training, Toxic Influences, and Silver Diamine Fluoride - October 8, 2019
- Dentist Stories: Immigrating to the US, Pedodontic Residency, Pregnancy, and Relationships. - August 28, 2019
- Dentist Stories: Hard Decisions, Learning from Mistakes, Finding Balance - August 26, 2019
- Fool Proof Tactics for Hassle-Free Dental Insurance Claim Management - August 16, 2019
- How 3D Printing Is Revolutionizing the Dental Industry - September 3, 2018
Last modified: October 9, 2019