Here is another dentist’s personal dental story – and what was learned along the way. This story was chosen from a sampling of Net32 dentists to provide us with some insight into their stories, professional and personal alike.
The following questions were designed to ignite dentists’ thinking:
- What advice would you give your younger self? What do you wish more dentists knew getting into the industry?
- What was one of the biggest challenges you overcame becoming a dentist? What did you learn?
- What excites you most about the future of dentistry? Where do you see the industry evolving?
Meet Dr. Rachel Trueblood, Big Top Dentistry for Kids, Cedar Park, Texas.
What advice would you give your younger self? What do you wish more dentists knew getting into the industry?
Dentistry is not just patient care (unfortunately), it’s also a business. Get a good background in business if you are thinking about owning a practice someday.
What was one of the biggest challenges you overcame becoming a dentist? What did you learn?
One of the biggest challenges was learning to let go of people who are toxic. Both patients and team members. Not everyone will agree with you, so be true to yourself and your vision, and surround yourself with people who share that same vision.
What excites you most about the future of dentistry? Where do you think things are going?
I’m excited to see innovative breakthroughs in conservative caries management, like silver diamine fluoride and papacarie. As a pediatric dentist, I am focused on educating my young patients so they will maintain excellent oral health for life.
Get acquainted with Dr. Trueblood, her team, and her practice Big Top Dentistry for Kids
Congratulations to Dr. Trueblood for being our second prize winner of the $300 Visa Gift Card.
Keep learning from colleagues and Net32’s Modern Practice blog.
#dentistry #businessofdentistry #dentalpracticesuccess #dentalleadership #dentalleader #dentalpracticemanagement
Latest posts by Dr. Patrick Cassidy (see all)
- Want to build a top 1% group practice? - October 5, 2021
- Getting the Most “Mileage” from Your Dental Practice Management Software - February 5, 2020
- Patient attrition causes and the solutions that increase lifetime loyalty - January 10, 2020
- Facebook Marketing 101: Fundamentals of Facebook Marketing for Your Practice. - January 1, 2020
- Appointment follow-up: Improve your feedback systems for loyal patient relationships - December 17, 2019
Last modified: November 20, 2019