I have been a big fan of Care Credit for many years. It has always seemed obvious to me that if a patient had credit available he or she would select better dentistry. That “obvious” assumption has been validated with a study from the ADCPA (Academy of Dental CPAs).
The study demonstrated that patients with a Care Credit account not only get more dentistry done they get a lot more dentistry and they continue to have more and better care for years.
Here are the key findings; households with a Care Credit account were compared to similar households without Care Credit.
In the first year after an account is opened, households with an account:
Made 62% more dental appointments
And had 282% more dentistry done (By dollar value)
That is expected however the amount of the increase is a lot more than I would have guessed. Increases in the first year make sense but here is the finding I did not expect; five years after the account is opened households with Care Credit:
Made 25% more dental appointments
And accepted 44% more dentistry.
Latest posts by Larry Emmott (see all)
- “Good” Charting Software - June 21, 2019
- Digital workflow: faster, more accurate & less expensive - May 8, 2019
- Practice Technologist - March 21, 2017
- Three things to keep in mind about your reputation - December 14, 2016
- Charts in the Cloud, who owns the data? - September 14, 2016
Last modified: September 28, 2012